Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Off to Ballater continued....

I'm still having problems saving this at times, hence the continuation of this as I posted what I had done so I wouldn't lose it all again like the other day!  After our visit to Donnotter Castle, we were off again on our way to Ballater for the next few days.

Entering the Burgh of Ballater

Our cottage for the next few days

Our bedroom

Our bath

Before walking to town for dinner, we have a few refreshments....mine were from The Isle of Skye Brewing Company.

Hebridean Gold....very light and refreshing

Red Cuillin....more malty and flavorful

There was also a Black Cuillin and a limited edition Skye Otter Ale, brewed to commemorate the 20th anniversary of the International Otter Survival Fund (both consumed at a later date).  IOSF receives a portion of every bottle sold so I was supporting a good cause by drinking this!  The Skye Otter Ale was my favorite....a very satisfying malty beverage with hints of caramel and citrus zest in every sip.

After dinner in town, we made it a fairly early night (by the standards of this trip!) so we could ready ourselves for the day tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment